|Flavor:||Earthy and distinctive flavor|
|Size:||Small pearly grains|
|Color:||Brown to jet black|
|Packaging:||Glass Jars: 1 – 3.5 oz
Metal Tins: 4.4 – 17.6 oz
|Preparation:||Fresh, Cured with Salt|
|Caviar Fish & Grade:||American Bowfin|
|Shelf Life Unopened:||Glass jars: 12 months in the freezer.
Metal tins: 4 weeks refrigerated at 38F or below.
|Shelf Life Opened:||Consume within 3 days of opening.|
|Storage Type:||Glass jars: keep frozen until used. Thaw under refrigeration immediately before use.|
|Shipping:||The product is perishable and will be shipped via Overnight Service|
$9.50 – $144.00
This native American black caviar is harvested from American Bowfin a bony fish from southern US backwaters. It doesn’t belong to the Sturgeon family though Bowfish is more ancient. Due to its areal, the Bowfin Caviar is widely used in the original Cajun cuisine and is well known as Choupique caviar. The grains are small in size and pearly of brownish to jet-black color with glossy eggshells. The Bowfin Black Caviar is getting more popular for its distinctive mildly tangy flavor. As it is similar in size and appearance to Sturgeon Caviar it can be used as its affordable substitute, especially for cooked dishes.
Please pay attention that it changes color to red when heated or not stored properly.
Please use this chart to estimate the amount to order. Note, the serving sizes might be different depending on how you serve the caviar.
- All perishable items are shipped via FedEx Standard Overnight or UPS One Day Service across the United States
- Local deliveries around the New York area are shipped via UPS One Day Service
- Saturday delivery is available for additional fee
- Deliveries can be scheduled Tuesday-Saturday, except if it falls on or after the holiday
- Orders must be placed by cut-off time (3 PM EST) in order to be shipped the same day
- Keep package cold and place caviar in the refrigerator upon delivery
- Carriers may experience delays in shipment due to storms, adverse weather, or other operational events
- For special events, we suggest choosing a delivery date that is at least one business day in advance of your event
The North American native eggs: Bowfin, Paddlefish, Hackleback – were all excellent, fresh, not too salty, at a fair price, and with quick, effortless delivery.
Got my order of smoked Paddlefish and Bowfin caviar today. Excellent! Very fresh and out of this world tasty! It was carefully packed in cooler with ice and delivered on time. Thanks a lot! I would highly recommend OLMA food company to everyone!
We enjoyed our caviar with our holiday dinner. Every one loved it.
All four products were fresh and excellent. I particular liked the Hackleback for the price. The Bowfin was not as good as the other three, but for the price, was quite good.